Job Title: Accountant - 6 month contract
We currently have a vacancy for a fully qualified Accountant working with a public body based in Dublin 2
(Remote working possible in line with government guidelines)
* Take a lead role in the set-up and implementation of financial management and payroll systems for a new organisation including reporting and management routines to ensure appropriate financial management
* Manage accounts receivable and payable with agreed accounting structures
* Manage Revenue and taxation obligations
* Bank reconciliation
* Month end reporting and reconciliation
* Provide subject matter expertise relating to financial management as required
Payroll and Pensions
* Preparation of fortnightly payroll (Micropay) ensuring all deductibles are managed and distributed to the correct bodies (PAYE/PRSI/Pensions)
* Set up and maintenance of pension schemes including the processing of statements, providing information sessions to staff and the onboarding of the single scheme to the new central database.
Financial Oversight and Reporting
* Preparation of quarterly management accounts to Board and management team
* Ensure adherence to financial policy and procedures relating to reporting
* Ensure sign off in line with approved signatories
* Key liaison person with internal and external auditors
* Provide subject matter expertise relating to financial reporting.
* Governance - develop and manage governance processes and controls
* Procurement - assist in relevant procurement processes
* Other duties as required.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Thursday - 8.00 to 4.30
Friday - 8.00 to 4.00
- Candidates are required to hold full membership of a prescribed Accountancy body supervised by the Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority (IAASA).(e.g.
ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- Recent, relevant post-qualification (5 years plus) accounting experience working as an accountant, delivering monthly management accounts, and overseeing financial transaction processing, audit file preparation, dealing with auditors and preparing
Previous experience required
- Experience of using the Sage 50 accounting system for operating General Ledger
- and all key financial processes - essential
- Experience of processing payroll - essential
- Experience of working in the public sector - desirable
In Return: Pay in the region of €30 per hour / €57,000 PA
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Sinead Healy at our Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.