Perform accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of subcontract accounts payable transactions. In addition, the efficient maintenance, processing of sales ledger transactions and credit control.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
· Verify, check and post sub-contractor applications.
· Ensure that VAT treatment is correctly applied to the application based on the project and trade provided.
· Liaise with subcontractors and contract managers with regard to payment queries.
· Issue subcontractor remittances and payments every two weeks.
· Perform monthly subcontractor statement reconciliations.
· Process monthly CIS return to HMRC and issue Statements of Deductions to subcontractors.
· Ensure the rules surrounding CIS are adhered to throughout the company.
· Process monthly PAYE and CIS payment.
· Submit monthly survey to Office for National Statistics.
· Liaise with external 3rd parties such as HMRC.
· Scan and file purchase ledger invoices.
· Code, enter and match purchase ledger invoices to purchase orders.
· Check purchase ledger invoice before posting into the financial accounts.
· Liaise with Buying department to ensure queries are resolved in a timely manner.
· Reconcile monthly supplier statements.
· Liaise with suppliers regarding payment queries and missing invoices.
· Chase up invoices supplied without order numbers.
· Ad-hoc duties.
· Ensure subcontract payments are processed accurately in timely manner and all completed documentation is gathered.
· Assist with month end closing.
· Provide supporting documentation for audits.
· Maintain accurate historical records.
· Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
· Assemble, review, and verify sales invoices .
· Issue sales invoices.
Education and Experience
· knowledge of accounts payable CIS & RCT
· knowledge of general accounting procedures
· knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as Sage Line 200)
· proficient in data entry and management
· 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
Key Accounts Payable Skills and Competencies
· Organizing and prioritizing
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Communication skills
· Vendor relationship skills
· Information management skills
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.