Additonal SEN Assistant
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Additional SEN Assistant based in Holywood, Mon - Fri, 32 hours per week on a permanent basis.
Set upon a 100 acre estate our client offers a therapeutic setting within a calm and nurturing environment with the aim of providing opportunities for children, young people and adults with learning disabilities, mental health problems and other special needs to live, learn and work together with others in an atmosphere of mutual respect and equality.
- With a full copy of the Job Description available on request you will be part of a team in providing the highest possible standard of educational support and care to children and young people with behaviour of concern who have been identified by the Educational Psychology Service as requiring additional specialist provision.
- QCF Level 3 or equivalent in Educational Support, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), Early Years, Child Development, Social Sciences/Psychology, Forest School or equivalent in a suitable related discipline
- At least six months' experience providing individualised support in an employed capacity working with children and young people up to the age of 19 with learning disabilities in a SEN school setting
- Experience of dealing with behaviour of concern
- Good awareness and ability in a variety of areas of learning e.g. literacy, numeracy, science, arts and crafts
- Understanding of the basic principles of child development and learning processes and mainstream SEN practice.
- Ability to carry effective interventions for pupils at risk of underachieving.
- A good understanding of the Q skills framework and to be able to contribute effectively to pupil participation.
- Ability to carry out physically and emotionally demanding work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to partake in both personal and skills development
- Experience of multiagency or multi-disciplinary working
- Able to take annual leave during school closures only
- Empathetic, caring & reliable
- Ability to promote and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure
- £18,220 per annum
- Excellent annual leave entitlement
- Organisation Pension and Occupational Sick Pay Scheme with qualification periods
- Commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692/07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.