Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Temporary Admin Assistant required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: 10.21
Location: Millennium House, Great Victoria Street, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
As part of an independent audit team and working across BHSCT the post holder will carry out audits and generate information which measure quality performance against agreed standards and targets. Services being audited will include Cleaning, Catering, Linen, Waste and outsourced contracts.
The postholder may not directly supervise these services but must take responsibility to ensure standards are maintained in conjunction with the relevant Support Services Management Team.
Induction/training will primarily be office based however we are moving to hybrid working and all staff will be equipped to work remotely from home throughout the week (although no one person will be five days a week from home).
Times are general office times - 9 am to 5 pm however flexi is available between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm - and this is agreed with the relevant manager during the induction period
- Provide high quality routine administrative support to individual departments ensuring the effective operation of systems and procedures.
- Assist in the administration and implementation of administrative systems within the departments.
- Manage the administration of the office ensuring a continual high standard of service is provided to all staff, customers, members of the public and suppliers.
- Effectively prepare reports, documents and proposals for senior staff within the department as well as supplying advice and assistance as required.
- Continually seek to improve the service delivered within the department by committing to attend personal development training, demonstrating a team work ethic and embracing change.
- Provide high level service to all stakeholders.
- Attend and take notes at meetings as required of the role
- To assist the Organisation in the fulfilment of its statutory duty under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998, to promote equality of opportunity and good relations, and also Human Rights Act 1998 and the Disability Discrimination Order 2007.
- To support the Organisation in meeting its obligations under Risk Management by adhering to the controls assurance standards identified in the Risk register.
- All duties must be carried out in compliance with Health and Safety Policy and statutory regulations
Five GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths (Grades A* - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
18 Months relevant experience
One year's experience working with Microsoft Office or similar
Organisational skills · IT skills including data input · Well-developed written and oral communication skills · Ability to work within a team · Flexibility in start/finish times to meet service requirements · Numeracy/literacy skills · Client focused and ability to use initiative
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Coragh McCashin email@example.com.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.