Adult Support Workers x10
Salary: £17,842 starting per annum including enhanced rates
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting Adult Support Workers x10 for our client, Camphill Community Glencraig based in the Holywood area, on a full time permanent basis
Set upon a 100 acre estate, Camphill offers a therapeutic setting within a calm and nurturing environment.
With a mixture of day pupils at the school, children and adult residential houses as well as a young adult's college, a farm with a market garden, and a range of therapies, Camphill has many different ways to keep those they care for occupied.
Dependent on the individual you could find yourself supporting residents on the farm, getting fresh vegetables grown at the Market Garden for lunch or dinner, or helping in a house-setting as residents go about their daily lives
- You will work as part of a community with the purpose of meeting the physical, psychological, emotional and social needs of each resident with disabilities and challenging behaviour.
- Ideally, you will have experience supporting persons with Autism and learning disabilities.
- The role can require an element of personal care and at times may require redirection or physical intervention as a last resort with those presenting challenging behaviours.
- Level 2 Health & Social Care and 6 months' minimum experience working with children OR adults with a learning disability and complex needs
- 1 year minimum experience, without Level 2 Health & Social Care, working with children OR adults with a learning disability and complex needs
- Basic Numeracy and literacy (English language) skills.
- Comfortable with personal care and challenging behaviours
- NISCC registered or willing to be registered within 6 months of appointment
- Be flexible to work on a rota basis that will include unsocial hours and weekends
- £17,842 per annum
- Enhanced pay rate for Waking Night and weekends
- 20 days annual leave pro rata, plus 12 statutory days
- Optional Private Healthcare Plan
- Organisation Pension and Occupational Sick Pay Scheme with qualification periods
- Commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Clear career development opportunities
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692/07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.