Staffline are recruiting on behalf of our Public Sector client, for an Affordable Warmth Project Officer on a temporary basis based in Newtownabbey.
Role: Affordable Warmth Project Officer
Rate of Pay: £11.50 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary - Ongoing
Main Purpose of the role:
Be responsible to the Principal Environmental Health Officer for the effective and efficient, delivery of the Affordable Warmth Programme in the Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council area.
Ensure that all duties and tasks assigned to the post holder are performed in accordance with Council policies, procedures and specified time and quality targets so that effective contribution is made to the development and achievement of the Environmental Health Plan and delivery of Best Value services.
- To undertake programmed household surveys across the Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council area.
- Assist in the preparation, planning and administration of the survey work.
- To report to the Principal Environmental Health Officer on a daily and weekly basis as required, providing updates and identifying any issues of concern.
- To assist in the effective delivery of the programme and development of procedures as required to ensure compliance with the Department for Communities Project Operational Procedures.
- To liaise with Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council Environmental Health and Building Control as required, to ensure the smooth running of the Affordable Warmth Programme.
- To maintain all records as required, ensuring all data collected is securely held in accordance with Council Data Protection requirements.
- Attend Project Team Meetings to update and report on survey progress and associated issues.
- To ensure that all Council procedures are correctly adhered to and such records are maintained in the fulfilment of these requirements.
- To assist with the development of publicity materials and organisation of public information events as required.
- To attend public, community and other group meetings as required, giving advice and support and promoting awareness of relevant programmes and opportunities as necessary.
- To liaise with a range of project stakeholders, including the general public, other statutory and voluntary bodies.
- Undertake training under the direction of the Principal Environmental Health
- Officer, as required to fulfil the functions of the post and enhance EH service
- delivery and undertake continuing professional development so as to maintain,
- improve and broaden knowledge and skills and develop personal qualities.
- Undertake such other duties as directed by the Principal Environmental Health Officer, and in line with the general nature of the post.
- To co-operate with the Council, its officers and staff to enable them, as far as necessary to conform and comply with any duty or requirement imposed as a result of any law which may be in force regarding health and safety and any other statutory requirements.
A minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grades A-C) or equivalent including English Language and Mathematics
A minimum of 1 year's experience in the following:
- Dealing directly with the members of the public in a customer service capacity, including those in vulnerable situations (e.g. elderly, on low incomes, with disabilities etc)
- Giving advice, support and promoting awareness of a programme/scheme or initiative
- Survey work
- Dealing with confidential/sensitive information
A 3rd level qualification
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.