Temporary Analytical Services Sampling Attendant required for a large public sector client based in Derry/Londonderry.
Rate of Pay: £9.38 per hour
Location: Gelvin Grange, Derry/Londonderry
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 5 months pending review
The Analytical Services Sampling Attendant will work alongside the Analytical Services Sampling and Contract Manager, and Sample Co-ordinators to ensure maintenance, monitoring and controlling of the sampling and rescheduling requirements for Analytical Services for both regulatory and operational sampling events (Clean & Waste Waters). The Analytical Services Sampling Attendant will be a point of contact within Analytical Services and to assist in the daily operations of the NI Water Sample Collection & Subcontracted analysis Contracts
- Work alongside the Analytical Services Sampling and Contract Manager to ensure all of the regulatory and operational sampling requirements for Analytical Services are delivered
- Work with the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) team to ensure annual sampling requirements are being met and operational requirements are being scheduled
- Ensure that any poor quality and/or unusual samples are reported back promptly to the relevant authorities and in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure that any asset failures (at the point of sampling) are reported back promptly to relevant Water Quality personnel
- Ensure that all samples are logged into the laboratories LIMS system and delivered to the relevant laboratory promptly
- Undertake administrative tasks associated with sampling programmes/duties
- Work with Analytical Services Quality team to ensure all duties are carried out in line with requirements of ISO17025
- Comply with and suggest improvements to the sampling documentation contained within the Quality Management Systems including assisting in internal and external compliance and customer audits
- Ensure regular reviews and updates of the relevant sampling and reception Standard Operating Procedures are maintained
- Maintain and retain a full audit trail of sampling and subcontracted analysis records
- Working with the Analytical Services Sampling and Contract Manager to ensure regulatory compliance is being met and that operational and customer requests are addressed
- Ensuring that stock levels of bottles, swabs and other sampling materials are maintained and ordered as and when required
- A 3rd level qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements relevant to laboratories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft applications
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.