Area Manager (Social Care) - Downpatrick
£40,000 - £42,000 salary
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Area Manager for our client based in the Downpatrick area, on a full time permanent basis.
Our client not-for-profit organisation that provides young people who suffer from a range of mental health conditions, complex needs and very challenging behaviours with intensive therapeutic support and supervision in a homely and welcoming residential care setting.
Formed in 1996 in Austraila it has managed to successfully expand their services into the UK and Northern Ireland so this an excellent opportunity for a qualified Social Worker with management experience to join an already successful team.
With a full copy of the Job Description available on request, the Area Manager is responsible for creating a positive environment and culture which is professional. A large part of the role is to develop relationships with all stakeholders and deliver the organisational aims and objectives within your Area.
You will also;
- Ensure therapeutic support and behaviour modification plans are in place for each child and create a comfortable and safe environment for children and workers
- Ensure a high standard of care for and cleanliness of the houses and vehicles
- Have an understanding of and work within legislated requirements in the provision of care, human resources and other functions.
- Build, foster and maintain a number of relationships internally from Youth workers, through to Registered Managers, Area Managers, General Managers and the Board.
- Develop relationships with Senior Managers in Government Services and other members of the Multi-disciplinary teams & voluntary sectors.
- Foster and maintain a number of external relationships vital to the provision of quality care for our young people & service needs.
- Complete Area Emergency on Call on a Seven Day a week capacity, this ensures that Area support in in place on top of other Managers completing direct on calls.
- Oversee recruitment and selection of all positions within your Area that include; but not limited to Youth Worker, Keyworkers, Deputy Managers and Registered Managers.
- Coach, supervise, guide and support Registered Managers & other team members. Coordinate allocation of staffing positions between Managers
- Facilitate team meetings, area meetings, discussion and training needs for all staff positions within the Area. Additional traveling can include being in England for a set period of time if successful with the position.
- Inspire achievement and high performance. Address performance issues with all team teams within the area and ensure that policies are adhered too.
- Set and review budgets for each placement. Set and review the hours for delivery of each placement and service provision.
- Third Level Qualification in Social Work
- Occasional traveling throughout the United Kingdom, this can be discussed further at interview
- Desirable that applicant has a Management Qualification; such as Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
- 2 Years Upper Management Experience, this includes making operational decisions, processing budgets, finance, leading services and involved in strategic planning.
- 2 Year Minimum Driving Licence
**We anticipate a positive response to this vacancy and will only contact candidates who outline how they meet the criteria**
- £40,000 - £42,000 salary
- 28 days Annual Leave
- 5% pension
- £200 annual bonus
- 4 week paid sick leave (pro-rata)
- Friendly and supportive workplace.
- On-site parking
- Phone allowance
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.