We are currently recruiting for an Assembly Operator to join the busy team for one of our client's based in Ballymena on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the assembly and manufacture of detailed and major parts for the production assembly line, ensuring all parts are assembled and fitted in accordance with the customer specification and the client quality, and Health and Safety standards.
- Responsible for complying with the company's health and safety, policies and procedures and WMPs are being adhered to.
- Ensuring that work carried out is to the client quality standard and that all quality sign offs, and procedures are complied with.
- Responsible for the fabrication and assembly of parts related to the overall manufacturing process.
- Interpreting complex parts and assembly drawings and assembling the product in line with them.
- Moving between several distinct operations whilst maintaining high quality workmanship and overall efficiency.
- Assembling a multitude of materials such as metal, wood, laminate and fibreglass components to the vehicle during the production process.
- Responsible for the safe operation of plant equipment and or hand tools associated with the manufacture or fitting process.
- Participation in continuous improvement teams and initiatives.
- Must be prepared to work overtime when requested by management.
- Undertaking training or retraining associated with the post, or introduction of new working practices or engineering changes including the training of others
- Undertake all duties in line with General Data Protection and maintain utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ensure work is completed to meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
- Ensure that you treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner in accordance with the Dignity at Work Procedure.
- The client is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection based on merit. You are required to adhere to and promote the Equal Opportunities Policy throughout the course of your employment.
- You must maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- You must follow the training received when using any work items the client has provided.
- You must co-operate with others on health and safety and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for their health, safety, or welfare.
- You must take care of your own health and safety and that of people who may be affected by what you do (or do not do).
- You must comply with the no smoking policy.
- Staying away from home on occasions will be necessary to meet the requirements of the role.
- Completing basic administrative tasks, filling in company forms or documents, WMPs.
- You will ensure that your work area is maintained in a safe and tidy manner.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities, as may be determined in consultation with the jobholder. It is not intended to be rigid and inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
- Relevant experience of using a variety of hand, power and air tools
- 3 month's experience in manufacturing or industrial environment
- Basic knowledge of materials particularly aluminium and steel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to undertake or provide training as required
- An awareness of general Health & Safety rules
- Proven ability to be flexible, working overtime and changing shift patterns as required
Hours of Work:
- 4 day week
- Monday to Thursday - 7am -5pm
Rate of Pay:
- £9.72 per hour
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those shortlisted