F/T Assistant Manager
(6 months maternity cover)
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of homeless people. As part of the management team you will work to ensure both our Drop In and Annsgate facilities offer services which enable people who are homeless and vulnerably housed to make the transition from homelessness to home.
- Demonstrate sound leadership skills by creating an environment which fosters teamwork, good morale and a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Uphold and develop a low threshold, high tolerance ethos, promote the principles of harm reduction and maintain a person-centred and empowering approach to service delivery.
- Promote service delivery that incorporates multidisciplinary and multi-agency working; including being an active member of relevant forums and working groups.
- Work in conjunction with the HR Administration in relation to staff recruitment and ensure that new staff receive an induction to their role and the Organisation.
- Ensure volunteering is valued and that volunteers are supported and equipped to carry out their designated roles.
- Encourage good teamwork, recognise the team's strengths and weaknesses, be aware of team dynamics, ensure workloads are delegated and shared fairly and that achievement is recognised and/or rewarded
- Operate at all times within our robust financial policies and procedures
- Manage the team to work in a way where risk is continuously assessed and managed; ensuring that the prevention and de-escalation of incidents is paramount and that risks are understood as an identified need
- Ensure all staff work in adherence to current health and safety legislation and the Organisation's policies and procedures, paying particular attention to lone and external working policies including when using the organisation's vehicles