Audit & Governance Specialist - Public Sector
Salary - Public Sector Grade 3.
Here at Staffline Recruitment we are currently partnering with a Public Sector body to recruit an Audit and Governance Specialist to take up a contract role that will run until 31st of March 2023.
This organisation's head office is in Dublin City Centre but due to the nature of this role, it is possible to work remotely initially and be based in any of this organisation's regional offices.
This role requires a candidate with exemplary communication and governance standards. The successful candidate will be responsible for auditing a series of funded programmes across the areas of Social Inclusion and Equality. Depending on company needs, the candidate will be expected to work interchangeably on target risk audits and governance assessments with focus on key policies and procedures across the company.
What are the requirements?
- A recognised Accounting qualification.
- Internal & External Audit experience.
- Forensic Accounting experience is a bonus.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly numerate.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- High level of initiative and be proactive.
- High level of computer literacy particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Maintaining a practical, working knowledge of key Government requirements pertaining to the management of grant aid, including Department of Public Expenditure and Reform Circular 13/2014.
- Examining all records underpinning payments to funded organisations, including periodic claims / reports, and independently verifying the financial and qualitative data reported.
- Evaluating the accounting systems of funded organisations, with a particular emphasis on ensuring a transparent audit trail between expenditure returns submitted and financial records maintained.
- Assessing the eligibility and classification of all monies spent by beneficiaries to ensure they comply with the terms and conditions attached to the relevant funds.
- Communicating and following up any internal issues arising from engagements with funded organisations, including adjustments to expenditure reports and matters relevant to funding applications.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
If you are looking to progress your career within the Public Sector with a successful and established organisation with a dynamic and supportive working environment, then this could the job for you! Please do not hesitate to send your cv for immediate review to Megan Nolan Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link. Immediate interviews will be held for suitable candidates.