Band 2 Medical Laboratory Assistant
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 2 Medical Laboratory Assistant required on a temporary basis based in Belfast .
Role: Band 2 Medical Laboratory Assistant
Rate of Pay: £9.21
Location: RVH, Belfast
Hours: 37.5hrs per week -- 9:15am-5:30pm Monday to Friday (also need to be available to cover occasional weekend or bank holiday shift cover)
Duration: At least 4 months
Job Summary / Main Purpose
The post-holder will facilitate the Belfast Trust Laboratories in the technical and practical aspects of delivering a comprehensive service. This includes booking in, processing, labelling, cataloguing, storage and retrieval of samples as well as other general laboratory routine and non-routine tasks, which do not require the skill and training of a state registered Biomedical Scientist.
For each of the following, the postholder will;
1. Perform general sample reception and pre-analytical duties.
2. Sort and distribute specimens.
3. Assist in data processing within the laboratories.
4. Sort and distribute laboratory reports.
5. Receipt, delivery and storage of goods where appropriate.
6. Maintain a clean and efficient working area.
7. Prepare appropriate solutions/reagents where necessary.
8. Remove and dispose of laboratory waste according to departmental procedures.
9. Be aware of and adhere to all current Health and Safety regulations.
10. Communicate effectively with the laboratory team and users of the service.
11. Attend, as appropriate, meetings relating to the Belfast Trust Laboratories service.
12. Participate in a 24 hour service which will include extended working day, overnight, weekend work and Bank/Public holidays as part of the conditioned 37.5 hr week.
13. Must adhere to all Policies and Procedures within the Belfast Trust
14. Perform any other duties required by the line manager commensurate with grade
2 GCSE's (Grades A-C) in Maths and English or equivalent PLUS 1 year's relevant laboratory experience
OR 4 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grades A-C) or equivalent
- Ability to work to cover a 24 hour service to include an extended working, overnight, weekends & bank holiday as required
- Basic computer experience with basic typing skills
**Please note that having a GCSE Science subject is preferred**
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 29/04/21**