Band 2 Receptionist
Temporary Admin Assistant required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: 9.21
Location: Macular unit, Fairview, Crumlin road
Hours: 22 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
- Responsible for receipt and distribution of mail/correspondence and dealing with general telephone enquiries
- E-mailing, word processing, photocopying and filing
- Collect and collate statistical information as and when required
- Update records and make any appointments as required
- Deal with internal and external mail in a timely and efficient manner
- Any other duties.
- Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
- Arrange new and follow up outpatient appointments.
- Liaise with other disciplines, outside agencies and departments, in a helpful and professional manner to assist in the provision of the service
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Receive telephone calls, deal with enquiries and co ordinate information in an efficient, courteous and friendly manner
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to in all aspects of this employment
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Make full use of the IT systems available to produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Responsible for maintaining a database
- Perform data entry as required
- Communicating and liaising with Information Technology in relation to database maintenance
- Attend mandatory training as required and undertake further training to meet change.
- To assist the Organisation in the fulfilment of its statutory duty under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998, to promote equality of opportunity and good relations, and also Human Rights Act 1998 and the Disability Discrimination Order 2007.
- To support the Organisation in meeting its obligations under Risk Management by adhering to the controls assurance standards identified in the Risk register.
- All duties must be carried out in compliance with Health and Safety Policy and statutory regulations
Five GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths (Grades A* - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
18 Months relevant experience
One year's experience working with Microsoft Office or similar
Organisational skills · IT skills including data input · Well-developed written and oral communication skills · Ability to work within a team · Flexibility in start/finish times to meet service requirements · Numeracy/literacy skills · Client focused and ability to use initiative
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Coragh McCashin firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.