Band 3 Finance Officer
Temporary Band 3 Finance Officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust at Ards/Downpatrick Hospital.
Rate of Pay: £10.09
Location: Ards/Downpatrick Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
Finance Officers Band 3 provides an administrative service/support in a variety of different settings within the Finance & Estates Directorate of the South Eastern H&SC Trust. They will work as an integral member of a team and be expected to use their own initiative.
The post holder will be responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks to support/assist in the effective and efficient provision of services within the Finance & Estates Department.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be required to carry out a range of duties which may include all or some of the following:
- Ensuring financial information is processed in accordance with policies and procedures within prescribed timescales.
- Investigate queries from range of stakeholders and provide assistance and information to both financial and non-financial people as and when required.
- Maintain and assist with various reconciliations of control accounts.
- Assist compliance with Public Sector Prompt Payment Policy.
- Provide high quality administrative support to respective service area ensuring the effective operation of systems and procedures.
- Input, process, monitor and validate information effectively in a timely manner ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan workload to ensure weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial timetables met.
- Ability to work / handle large volumes of cash / coin.
- Ability to work with staff and clients at all levels in the Trust.
- Word processing /producing reports/working on computer systems.
- Input, manipulation and retrieval of financial data into computer databases and spreadsheets, where speed and accuracy are necessary.
- Sorting and responding to mail/emails as appropriate.
- Arrange appointments/meetings as requested.
- Take minutes of meetings as required.
- Maintain Filing System.
- General office duties such as photocopying/faxing/ scanning/ordering stationery.
- Supervising staff and allocate work as appropriate.
- To participate in the Trust's Appraisal Process and participate in agreed training and development initiatives when identified.
GCSE Maths and GCSE English (A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification;
2 years relevant experience
ECDL Advanced Level or in-depth experience and knowledge of Microsoft Packages including Word or equivalent
(Relevant experience is defined as experience in an office-based environment to include establishing administrative systems)
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work load
- Excellent communication to meet the needs of the post
Excellent attention to detail If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.email@example.com
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.