Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer is required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
- Provide a high standard of clerical support and secretarial services to senior members of staff in the Catering/Domestic Services Team.
- In addition as a member of a clerical team, to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the department.
- Typing letters, reports, forms and memos using a word processing system when required.
- Provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing relevant documentation.
- Organise and maintain relevant dairy/schedule and arrange appointments and meetings.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with queries as appropriate.
- Collation of information in order to populate spread sheets for weekly/monthly and quarterly returns.
- Maintaining manual/computerised records, data bases and spread sheets.
- Maintaining an up to date filing system.
- Assisting in the training of other administrative staff within the department and appropriate to the post.
- Providing cover as required for other clerical staff.
- Inputting and retrieving from computerised systems on a regular basis.
- Dealing with telephone queries, recording and delivering clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
- Process and distribute all incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail as required.
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties.
*(a) 4 GCSEs to include English (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
*(b) GCSE English Grade A*-C AND
2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages AND
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award or RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
OR One years' experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word processing, spreadsheets and email.
*Certain posts may require one years' experience minute taking
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.