Rate of Pay: £11.53
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be a member of the Financial Services Team with specific responsibilities relating to Financial Assessments Function. The post holder will be responsible for the organisation and control of a block of work as well as being responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all financial transactions relating to clients placed in residential/nursing homes. The post holder will also be responsible for the resolution of problems by analysis and experience. The post holder will also be responsible for collating activity upon request in relation to clients placed in residential/nursing homes. The role will also require the post holder to supervise staff ensuring that key priorities and deadlines are being met.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collate information from Care Management regarding admissions to residential/nursing care. Interpret data and review for reasonableness and completeness.
- Use initiative and sound working knowledge to follow up and resolve outstanding matters with the relevant stakeholders e.g. Care management/Benefit agencies/Legal.
- Calculate client's financial assessment/re-assessment in accordance with the Charging for Residential Guidelines. A comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of this extensive document is required for complex matters. A sound knowledge of regulations in relation to Social Security benefit entitlements is also required.
- Maintain/update Abacus residential module with client data received from Care Management including information from Declaration of Means and third party forms to enable accurate and timely processing of all functions.
- Complete Monthly processes for Financial Assessments function in accordance with timetable including Home Payment Run, Invoicing Run and Credit control Dunning process.
- Collate reports regarding clients as and when requested. This will require good knowledge of Abacus reporting module and proficient skills in Excel.
- Responsible for the credit control function in respect of clients in residential/nursing homes. Within this role the post-holder will be responsible for completing the monthly Dunning process ensuring all clients are issued with reminder letters appropriate to age of debt.
- This role will also require the post holder to liaise with various stake holders regarding debt recovery including Care Management/Clients/Personal representatives/Solicitor's and Trust Legal.
- The post holder will be involved in providing detailed information regarding debt recovery to senior management in relation to Bad Debt Provision.
- The post holder will be required to part-take in induction for new Care Managers/staff members.
- The post holder will be required to provide technical advice to various stakeholders regarding the charging regulations. E.g. Care Management/Client's/Clients representatives/solicitors.
- Knowledge of E-Financials will be required. As well as being able to interpret E-Financials for enquires the post holder will be required from time to time to set-up/amend supplier information/initiate payment requests/raising invoices/process journals.
- Assist with dealing with internal and external audit queries regarding the Financial Assessments Function, and providing information to Senior Management for necessary action.
- Assist in developing processes and procedures to be used in Financial Assessments function to facilitate best working practices and ensure delivery of quality service. Review and update these as necessary for continuous improvement.
- Assist with investigation of complaints received in relation to the Financial Assessments Department/
- The post holder will promote and support effective team working, fostering a culture of openness and transparency. The post holder will ensure that they take all concerns raised with them seriously and act in accordance with the South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust's Raising Concerns Policy and their professional code of conduct, where applicable.
- To participate in the Trust's Performance Review Scheme and proactively seek out development opportunities.
- To delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within their area of responsibility, consistent with effective decision making, whilst retaining responsibility and accountability for results.
An HNC/D (finance related) or equivalent plus 1 year's suitable relevant experience in a finance department.
NVQ level 3 plus 2 years suitable relevant experience in a finance department.
2 years recent suitable relevant experience in a finance department at Band 3 or equivalent.
*Relevant experience is defined as working in an office in a financial environment, e.g. making payments, receipting cash, assisting preparation of accounts or reconciling bank accounts
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.