Corporate Development, M&A
Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Corporate Development, M&A role on behalf of our client who acquires software companies globally. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career with a forward thinking, dynamic company.
Working closely with senior leaders and executives, the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Corporate Development will find creative ways to source and connect with suitable software companies to buy in different markets such as Financial Services and Supply Chain as well as others.
- Proactively initiating and maintaining relationships with owners of software businesses by email, phone, LinkedIn, conferences / trade shows and in person meetings.
- Understanding and articulating company acquisition criteria and unique value proposition to owners of target software businesses - both verbally and in writing.
- Generating and reporting on leads, setting up qualified appointments and moving opportunities through the M&A pipeline.
- Conducting research to identify and map out potentially attractive markets to pursue and software companies to acquire.
- Obtaining high-level financial and operational information about target companies.
- Updating Salesforce database as leads are identified and progressed.
- Travelling internationally (up to 10%)
- Performing any other reasonable duties as required
- 2 years' experience in a sales / business development / account management / M&A role
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Demonstrable passion, tenacity, resilience and a hunger for success
- Strong business acumen and ability to lead quality conversations and influence outcomes
- Strong IT Skills including high proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite e.g. Word, Excel etc
- Willingness to travel internationally (up to 10%)
- Current independent right to work in UK or Republic of Ireland
- A Bachelor's Degree in a Business / IT related discipline with strong academic results (minimum 2:1 or equivalent)
- Experience of working in M&A
- Experience of working in a software / professional services company
- Additional European language fluency e.g. German, French or a Scandinavian language
The successful Corporate Development, M&A role will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus bonus, healthcare provision, flexible working, wellbeing incentives, regular social events and a host of training and development opportunities.
The Corporate Development, M&A role will be based in the office in Belfast or work remotely.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.