Business Development Manager
Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Business Development Manager on behalf of a leading supplier to the construction industry. The Business Development Manager will grow sales of concrete drainage products, road kerbs and hydraulically pressed flagstones. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for achieving growth targets set in the corporate plan and to assist with the operational development of the sales function of the organisation.
- Identify and convert key business opportunities in order to promote and sell concrete drainage, road kerbs and hydraulically pressed flagstones.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with civil engineering, ground-working and general contractors.
- To participate fully in the Customer Care function of the business, ensuring high-quality after sales service and effective ways of dealing with customer complaints.
- Work closely with the Company's Marketing team to develop and implement appropriate marketing strategies for promoting company as a leading supplier of drainage products, kerbs and flagstones.
- Work closely with the Production team and Marketing to develop and commercialise new products that provide competitive advantage.
- Working as part of the NI Sales Team in the management, preparation and submission of project bids, managing larger orders and enhancing customer relations.
- Ensure all quotes and trade agreements are captured on the Company's CRM system, whilst keeping it maintained and updated as required.
- Provide line manager with monthly reports to agreed deadlines, illustrating sales performance, variance to budget and any required corrective actions.
- Ensure clear lines of communication, responsibility and accountability throughout the Sales and Business Development function.
- Liaise with the Supply Chain Manager to optimise production schedules and stocks.
- Effectively manage Internal Sales and Dispatch function to maximise customer service and sales growth.
- Liaise with the Company's Credit Control team to ensure all customer trading accounts operate within agreed terms.
- Attend and make positive contributions to relevant sales meetings.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organisation.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Previous sales experience preferably within construction industry
- Knowledge and experience of contracts management on construction sites
- Must have valid driving licence
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to recognise commercial opportunities and develop new business
- Technically competent
- IT literate
- Product knowledge
- Relevant contacts in the industry
- Previous experience of working on construction sites
- Ability to read and interpret technical plans and AutoCAD drawings.
- Civil engineering experience or qualification
The successful Business Development Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus Uncapped Bonus and Car.
The Business Development Manager role will be covering Ireland.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.