Case Worker - Belfast City Centre
Belfast City Centre
£19,032 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Case Worker on a full-time basis, fixed term to 2023, located in Belfast City Centre. Hours are 37.5 per week and you will normally work Monday - Friday between 8am and 6pm although some weekend and evening work may be required in line with operational requirements.
Our client is one of Belfast's most well-known charities that help people affected by homelessness providing a range of potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of the homeless community in Belfast.
- As part of a team of Caseworkers you will have particular responsibility for meeting the immediate and ongoing general and emotional support needs of homeless people who present to the Drop In and those in Temporary Accommodation (during Covid-19). The support will be holistic, and person centred and aimed at clients successfully transitioning out of homelessness.
- 1 year experience supporting clients with complex and multiple needs Experience of implementing policies and procedures
- Ability to develop person-centered needs/risk assessments and support plans and manage a key worker case load
- Ability to take the lead and work in partnership with other agencies and to access local/community-based programmes
- Thorough understanding of the causes and consequences of homelessness
- Understanding of the impact of trauma and how to work in a trauma informed and strength-based way.
- Working knowledge of alcohol/substance misuse/mental health issues and harm reduction principles
- Understanding and commitment to working within an ethos of High Tolerance, Low Threshold services
- Ability to adhere to Diversity and Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Protection of Vulnerable Adults, Confidentiality and other policies/procedures
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Full driving licence and access to a car for business purposes
- £19,032 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.