Our client, a school in Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh require a Classroom Assistant
As the Classroom Assistant, your duties will involve working on an individual basis with a pupil who has statements of special educational needs and will include
- Assisting the pupil as directed by the teacher;
- Preparation for class and help in setting up of various items of apparatus as required for different subjects;
- Establish a supportive relationship with the pupil concerned;
- Prepare and produce appropriate resources to support the pupil
- Supervise groups of pupils, or individual pupils on specified activities including talking and listening, using ICT, extra-curricular activities, and other duties, as directed by the school;
- Supporting the pupil in ensuring that all class work and homework is complete;
- Working with the pupil to support Literacy, Numeracy and the development of social skills;
- Care of pupil in teacher's absence, e.g. morning break, lunchtime;
- Accompanying class to all extra-curricular activities, where appropriate;
- Ensure as far as possible a safe environment for pupils;
- Report to the class teacher any signs or symptoms displayed which may suggest that a pupil requires expert or immediate attention;
- Assist the class teacher and/or other professionals with the implementation of the system for recording pupil progress;
- Duplicate written materials; assist with production of charts and displays etc.
Hours of work:
- Mon - Fri between hours 8.45am and 3.30pm
- Relevant qualification
- Previous experience in a similar setting
- Good communication skills and good understanding of English
- Demonstrable ability to work on own initiative
- Rate of Pay : Competitive
- Free Parking
Why use Staffline?
- This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1986, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.
The successful candidate will be required to process an Access NI check through Staffline