This not-for-profit financial cooperative has been providing a wide range of services to their clients across Northern Ireland for over 25 years.
Staffline Specialist Recruitment is working with them to recruit a Credit Control Officer to operate from their Belfast office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Professional to take responsibility for the company's credit control process and to develop their career in this niche, fast paced firm.
- Manage, maintain and develop administrative, financial and legal procedures to pursue the recovery of debts for those accounts that fall into arrears and / or which are in default
- Manage the pro-active recovery of outstanding debts & arrears, monitoring the frequency of payments and implementing alternative solutions using initiative and judgement to maximise recovery and minimise potential bad debts
- Agree and monitor repayment plans for those members in arrears or in default, ensuring repayment plans and amounts are in keeping with the Credit Control Policy.
- Contribute to the specification, design and development of monthly arrears reporting to ensure timely alert of arrears as well as effective recovery and monitoring of debts and reporting of aged debts to Credit Control Committee
- Provide a monthly update on movements on arrears and the arrears provision for inclusion in the Monthly Management Information pack
- Ensure Credit Control Policy is subject to annual review by Credit Control Committee and Board of Directors and is in line with regulatory guidelines
- Provide support to Membership Administration/ Loans Officers in dealing with credit reference concerns
- Develop and maintain procedures for managing paperwork received from third party debt management organisations and for updating relevant member records for same
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years' relevant experience in a financial services environment
- Experience of dealing with customers on a face to face, telephone and written basis
- Experience of arrears management and reporting in a financial services environment
- Experience of broader mutual financial provision
- Offer will be conditional to passing internal checks
- Competitive salary
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.