Deputy Manager (Children's Residential)
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Deputy Manager (Children's Residential) for our client based in the Downpatrick area, on a full time permanent basis.
Safe Places for Children are a not-for-profit organisation that provides young people who suffer from a range of mental health conditions, complex needs and very challenging behaviours, with intensive therapeutic support and supervision in a homely and welcoming residential care setting.
Formed in 1996 in Australia, Safe Places for Children have managed to successfully expand their services into the UK and Northern Ireland so this an excellent opportunity for a qualified Social Worker with management experience to join an already successful team.
- To support the Registered Manager in the day to day management of the Residential Home, working with a small and cohesive staff team that provides consistent predictable support, deputising for the Registered Manager in their absence.
- To provide ongoing support to help with the development of the staff team and young people through coaching, positive role modelling and strong management.
- 2 years minimum experience working with challenging behaviours such as verbal and physical aggression in a residential setting.
- Social Work Degree and NISCC Registration
- Management experience
- Ability to do shift work that meets the needs of the young people within the Home.
- Have a full UK Driver's License for 1 year
- Be eligible for Northern Ireland Social Care Council Registration and undergo an Enhanced Access NI
- At least 21 years of age and 4 years older than our must current young person at placement. This is in line with The Children Home Standards 2014 set by the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety.
**We anticipate a positive response to this vacancy and will only contact candidates who outline how they meet the criteria**
- £34,000 salary
- 28 days Annual Leave
- 5% pension
- £200 annual bonus
- 4 week paid sick leave (pro-rata)
- Friendly and supportive workplace.
- On-site parking
- Phone allowance
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.