Staffline are working in partnership with our client a Public Sector government body to recruit a temporary Deputy Principal Accountant to start ASAP for duration of 3-4 Months
Pay rate: £19.76 per hour paid weekly
Hours: 37 hours per week with remote working from home with 2-3 days office based each month
Successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the professional bodies below:-
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
Have a minimum of 3 years post qualification* practical experience in each of the following areas -
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with UK Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Preparation of end of year accounts
- Management accounting and costing systems, and financial performance reporting systems
- Preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and the allocation of resources
- Strategic Planning and Decision Support
- Leading, managing and motivating staff
- Production of reports for management/committees
- Have at least 2 years' experience of working within a public sector environment at Staff Officer level or equivalent** to include -
- Managing public money and an understanding of the public sector governance, law and its applicability to an organisation.
- Management of financial and corporate governance systems, to include overseeing expenditure by the business, the preparation of monthly financial management accounts, budgets, expenditure forecasts and monitoring round bids.
- Manage the day to day running of the Finance function through the use of appropriate systems, processes, policies, procedures and practices to meet the needs of the business, ensuring that all policies and procedures meet the requirements of the relevant legislation and reflect best practice models.
- Contribute to the planning, agreement and monitoring of budgets and financial targets and provide management information on achievement of financial targets to the Chief Executive and Commissioner.
- Reporting regularly on financial and corporate governance matters to the Chief Executive and Commissioner, offering strategic advice and recommendations.
- Supporting the Commissioner and the Chief Executive in the preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen O'Hara will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**