- Cleaning duties in all areas as detailed on work schedules or as instructed.
- Preparation/cooking/re-heating/serving of food and beverages to the
- Maintaining all records as required.
- Laundry service - receive, sort and launder items to the standard required.
- Waste disposal.
- Patient Transport & Courier duties ( e.g. Patient moves, blood collection & post)
- Stripping and making unoccupied beds.
- Locking doors and setting alarms.
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Adhering to all Trust policies and procedures and participating in training as required.
- Assisting with support services duties in any part of the Trust in order to assist with staffshortages as required.
- Support Service Assistants employed in residential facilities will have substantial unsupervised access on a daily basis to children or people with learning disabilities while cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms, lounges, laundry rooms and linen stores. This direct contact also applies to working in the kitchen and storage areas. The facilities are geared towards providing a home like environment and to deny residents access to any part of the facility would not be practical and would not comply with Trust's policy.