We are currently recruiting for a Driveline Operative to join the busy team for one of our client's based in Ballymena on a full time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the assembly and manufacture of detailed, major parts for the production assembly line in accordance with customer specification. To complete multiple tasks across all areas of the chassis.
- Responsible for the fabrication of complex assemblies, sub-assemblies and Safety Critical parts on a driveline chassis.
- Ability to interpret complex parts and assembly drawings.
- Be capable of following verbal instructions.
- Able to move between several distinct operations whilst maintaining high quality workmanship and overall efficiency.
- Responsible for the fitting/assembly of Chassis components to the client's Quality standard during the production process.
- Work to strict Production timings on a production line.
- Undertake cosmetic and functional quality checks and identify improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for the safe operation of plant equipment and or hand tools associated with the manufacture or fitting process.
- Responsible for the compliance with the company's health and safety policy and procedures ensuring the workshop policies are being adhered to.
- To participate actively in continuous improvement teams.
- Must be prepared to work overtime when requested by management,
- Must be willing to undertake training provided, and train others when required in all activities associated with the post, or introduction of new working practices or engineering changes.
- Undertake all duties in line with General Data Protection and maintain utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ensure work is completed to meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
- Ensure that you treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner in accordance with the Dignity at Work Procedure.
- The client is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection based on merit. You are required to adhere to and promote the Equal Opportunities Policy throughout the course of your employment.
- You must maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- You must follow the training received when using any work items the client has provided.
- You must co-operate with others on health and safety and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for their health, safety, or welfare.
- You must take care of your own health and safety and that of people who may be affected by what you do (or do not do).
- You must comply with the no smoking policy.
- Staying away from home on occasions will be necessary to meet the requirements of the role.
- Completing basic administrative tasks, filling in company forms or documents, WMPs.
- You will ensure that your work area is maintained in a safe and tidy manner.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities, as may be determined in consultation with the jobholder. It is not intended to be rigid and inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
- Time served in relevant discipline e.g. Fitter, Mechanic, Plumber (Written confirmation required) or 4 years chassis experience
- Extensive experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate ability to read engineering drawings
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to undertake training or provide as required
- An awareness of general Health and Safety rules
- Proven ability to be flexible, working overtime and changing shift patterns as required
Hours of Work:
- 4 day week
- Monday to Thursday 7am -5pm
Rate of Pay:
- £11.67 per hour
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those shortlisted