Environmental Health Officer
The Client: Local body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The postholder will have responsibility for contributing to the delivery of an effective Health and Well Being Service which is customer focused, innovative and value for money, through the assignment to any area of responsibility, within the Health and Well Being Department.
The postholder will undertake inspections of commercial and domestic premises, investigate complaints and accidents, enforce relevant statutory provisions and provide advice and make recommendations to the public, commercial and government organisations.
This will include ensuring the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements, by adhering to these and working in accordance with good governance, best practice and health and safety requirements.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or equivalent qualification
- 6 months work experience in an Environmental Health role
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding of current environmental health issues
- Be able to demonstrate competence in use of email and Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Hold a full current driving licence and access to transport, or access to transport to meet the requirements of the post
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours, including evenings, weekends and public/bank holidays including emergency call outs
- Certificate of Registration with Environmental Health Officers Registration Board (EHORB) or equivalent
- Have 6 months previous experience in the enforcement of environmental health legislation
- Rates of Pay: £16.53 p/hr
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.