FULL TIME (PERM ROLE)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To present a professional and courteous attitude as a member of senior management, to include professional presentation of uniform and hygiene whilst ensuring staff are displaying the same.
- To manage and motivate employees through effective communication, training and development, ensuring HR procedures are followed.
- To assist with Recruitment and Selection of food service and porter employees.
- To maintain effective communication and relationships with other hotel departments, suppliers and enforcement agencies to maintain an effective operation and ensure guest satisfaction.
- To drive the business forward with upselling of goods and services and ensuring the department meets it targets by ensuring all C&B employees are proactive in the same.
- To seek and continuously develop knowledge relating to the industry sector and competitor activity, to provide input into future plans and activities, and so maintain and enhance market position.
- Ensuring quality of service and standard of product within the departments. Pre event planning, liaising with organisers and ensuring events are set up according to organiser specification. Handling any customer queries and complaints, ensuring to record and report accurately and escalate where applicable.
- To ensure the hotels banqueting areas, fixtures and equipment are properly maintained and presented with the highest standard of cleanliness.
- To be knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and regulations of the hotel ensuring that staff are adhering to the same. Providing comprehensive handovers at the start and end of each shift and attending regular management meetings.
- To work with the General Manager to help manage annual budgets within your department, putting in place appropriate mechanisms to effectively manage costs and all factors relating to profitable performance of the conference and banqueting operation ensuring appropriate plans are created, agreed, communicated and implemented.
- To ensure the hotel's compliance with all matters relating to licensing laws, Customs and Excise Regulations and all other relevant legislation.
- To carry out Duty Manager role and any other duties as required by General Manager.
- To comply with all Safety Rules and Policies and Procedures as outlined in The Employee Handbook.
- Previous experience in a similar role within hospitality, including management of staff.
- Must be customer focused with the ability to demonstrate quality leadership and management competencies.
- Experience in budget management and cost effectiveness.
- The ability to work under pressure to achieve objectives within timescales, without compromising accuracy and quality.
- Must be extremely organised, with the ability to make intelligent decisions when faced with competing priorities.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- A formal qualification in hospitality, hotel and catering preferred.
- Shift patterns to include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and statutory holidays or other holidays.
- Full list of conditions in Terms of Employment and Employee Handbook.
- Complimentary meals on shift.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Free uniform provided.
- Discounted staff, friends and family rate.
- Continued training and opportunity for career progression.