Factory Operative | Newtownards
Staffline Ireland is currently seeking a Factory Operative to join our client, a leading dairy manufacturer, on an ongoing temporary basis at their site in Newtownards.
You will be responsible for efficiently operating and monitoring the Waste Water Treatment Plant and relevant site services, providing support to the Facilities Team and performing site maintenance and waste recycling duties as necessary.
- Efficient daily operation, maintenance and improvement of the Waste Water Treatment Plant, including all associated plant services.
- Completion of equipment checks, chemical dosing, testing and associated documentation.
- Basic maintenance tasks including lubrication of machinery and specific pipework, valve and pump component replacement, where system knowledge is thorough.
- Maintain a high level of Housekeeping of specific areas, e.g. Waste Water Treatment Plant, Trailer Park, Recycling areas etc. to ensure audit compliance.
- Provide cover and assistance to engineering department as required.
- Collection and delivery of engineering parts and liaison with suppliers.
- Provision of outside forklift services and coordination with Hygiene Supervisor on reorder dates for chemicals, recycling containers, etc.
- Execution of non-routine support activities such as cleaning and painting of equipment, insulation of pipe work, and any other reasonable tasks as required.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others, ensuring compliance with safety regulations in area of responsibility, in line with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Counterbalance forklift licence
- Grade C or above in English or Maths GCSE (or equivalent)
- Telehandler licence
- Experience in waste water treatment/chemical dosing systems etc.
Hours of work:
7am - 5:30pm on a rotating weekly rota.
- Week 1 = Monday, Tues, Fri & Sat
- Week 2 = Sunday, Weds, Thurs
Rate of pay:
- £8.91 per hour with counterbalance licence
- £10.20 per hour if applicant has a telehandler licence & relevant experience
- Overtime paid at time and half after 37 hours per week.
For further information please submit your CV via the link in Microsoft Word format. BELSL