Our client, a well-established organisation in NI is seeking to recruit a Family Support Worker (Home Based with regional travel required) to join their dedicated team.
The main aim will be to provide support and information to people affected by illness and their families helping to maintain their independence and lead as normal a life as possible, empowering them to access their full entitlements, keeping them informed of developments in the management of the disease and assisting them in connecting and engaging with other people affected by similar illnesses
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and information to members via home visits, telephone, email and other communications.
- Work to maximise the membership of the organisation by ensuring a good working relationship and effective referral process with relevant statutory bodies
- Respond to enquiries about the illness and the work of the Association, offering support or sign posting to other appropriate services
- Advocate and represent individual's need when liaising with other organisations.
- Actively facilitate regional support groups and opportunities for members to connect.
- Raise awareness of the organisation through engagement, information sharing and training with statutory and community/voluntary organisations.
- Contribute to the development of print and online materials including web content and newsletters.
- Maintain comprehensive individual/family client files.
- Keep an accurate record of your daily activities.
- Provide general day to day administration to support the organisation
- Ensure compliance withal policies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies and operational plans.
- Assist with member activities including but not limited to befriending, awareness raising, events, youth activities and fundraising as required.
Hours of work:
- 35hrs per week Mon - Fri
- Woking flexibly to attend events, meeting and visits as required
- Qualification in social care/social work/nursing/counselling or other relevant area.
- 2 years plus experience with individuals or families with complex needs preferably in the areas of mental health or disability.
- Clear understanding of the range of statutory and voluntary services available to carers and people with a disability or serious illness.
- Ability to work with people in crisis in a calm and professional manner.
- Exceptional communication skills and be empathetic and non-judgmental.
- Self-motivated and well organised with strong administrative skills.
- Have an understanding of the need for client confidentiality and collaborative working and be able to travel independently within the service area.
- Work flexibly and efficiently to meet the needs of clients and the Association.
- Must have a dedicated workspace within your home
- Full Licence and car insurance (which will need to be updated for business cover) and have access to transport to allow them to fully meet the requirements of the post.
- Salary £22,183
- Paid mileage
- Home office equipment and mobile phone are supplied
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1986, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una, apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.