Female's Intensive Caseworker - Belfast City Centre
Female's Intensive Caseworker
Belfast City Centre
£19,032 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Female's Intensive Caseworker on a full-time basis, fixed term for 9 months with possibility of extension, located in Belfast City Centre. Hours are 37.5 per week and you will normally work between 9am and 5pm although some weekend and evening work will be required in line with operational requirements.
Our client is one of Belfast's most well-known charities that help people affected by homelessness providing a range of potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of the homeless community in Belfast.
As part of a team of Caseworkers you will have particular responsibility for meeting the immediate and ongoing general and emotional support needs of homeless females defined as chronically homeless. The support will be continuous regardless of tenancy until females make the successful transition from homelessness.
*This post is falls within the exception stated in Article 10 (2b & 2e) of the Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976.
- 1 year experience supporting females with complex and multiple needs OR Lived experience where skills have been developed that would be transferable to the post
- Ability to develop person-centered needs/risk assessments and support plans and manage a key worker case load and to take the lead and work in partnership with other agencies and to access local/community-based programmes
- Ability to manage people with challenging behaviour and poor levels of engagement
- Excellent written/verbal communication, numerical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment, be solution and target focused, show good time management skills and make decisions under pressure
- Thorough understanding of the causes and consequences of female homelessness and the impact of trauma and how to work in a trauma informed and strength-based way.
- Working knowledge of alcohol/substance misuse/mental health issues and harm reduction principles
- Thorough understanding of the wider needs and support services relevant to homeless females
- Understanding and commitment to working within an ethos of High Tolerance, Low Threshold services
- Committed to advocating and raising awareness of female homeless rights
- Able to work flexible hours as required including some weekend and evenings
- £19,032 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.