Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Finance Officer Accounts Payable.
Role : Finance Officer Accounts Payable.
Location : Cloonavin Coleraine.
Hours of Work : 37 hrs per week - Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £10.66 13 weeks + £13.18
Main Duties :
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Finance Officer in the operation and delivery of the Accounts Payable function and associated expenses including processing, validating, payment via Bank Automated Clearing System (BACS) or cheque in compliance with stakeholder requirements including legislative, statutory, regulatory requirements and Council's procedures in a range of purchasing, taxation, banking and associated matters including dealing with third parties to ensure Council avoids any late payment penalties.
- Complete Accounts Payable operations and payment processes including purchase order and invoice validation and verification, in compliance with stakeholder requirements including legislative, statutory, regulatory requirements and Council procedures.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the Accounts Payable section through close working contact with Heads of Service, other Senior Managers and project teams as necessary by providing solutions in relation to financial issues which will have an impact within the remit of the Accounts Payable section.
- Ensure the timely delivery of the purchasing, creditor and costings functions to agreed timescales including the Accounts Payable section's annual objectives and work programmes.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities of the role the post holder will be required to have the knowledge and capabilities to perform all duties within the Accounts Payable Section, deputising for the Senior Finance Officer when required, to ensure required levels of service are maintained.
- Communicate operational issues to the Senior Finance Officer to ensure quality of services is maintained.
- Implement and process Terms and Conditions of service/delivery and related matters maintaining a high level of knowledge of the policies, regulations, procedures and terms and conditions involved.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements in particular ensuring that all supplier information is handled in strict accordance with Data Protection Regulations.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work regularly with deadlines and changing circumstances within the section.
Full Job Description available on request.
- Five GCSE's (Grade A-C), or equivalent, to include a numerical subject and English Language.
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, 2 years' experience in:
(a) Working in an accounts team to include:
- Preparation of payment runs;
- Creation of Bacs/Cheque payments and payment listing reports;
- Dealing with suppliers' queries and reconciling accounts paid.
- (b) The use of an accounts software package such as Total or Sage.
- (c) Collating information/data and preparing reports.
- Alternatively consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have 3 years' experience to include a - c outlined above.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office packages to include: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge in Local Government accounting procedures and financial regulations.
- Current knowledge of regulatory issues including legislation on prompt payments, national Fraud Initiative (NFI) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.