Finance Programme Officer
The Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: As a member of the Economic Development Team the post holder will be required: To be responsible to the Northern Ireland Business Start Up Programme (NIBSUP) Programme Manager for the operation and development of all Finance and Audit systems within the Central Services Team.
* Comprising part of the core Central Services Delivery Team, the NIBSUP Finance Programme Officer will lead on all Financial and Audit aspects of the programme.
* The NIBSUP Finance Programme Officer will review and assess business plans (approximately 20% of those submitted each month)
* He/she will manage all financial projections developed as part of the programme and vouch all those submitted by the delivery agent, marketing and enquiry handling contractors.
* He/she will assist the NIBSUP Programme Manager to administer all grant aid expenditure associated with the work of the Central Service Team, including monitoring and reporting of same, processing of all relevant documentation, and off site verification visits, required by grant awarding bodies.
* Developing, implementing and managing collaborative agreements and other relevant Service Levels Agreements where required with the 11 partner Councils, external contractors or other 3rd party providers.
* Assist the NIBSUP Programme Manager to ensure the unit provides a high quality business services through the efficient and effective use of available resources. This will include the monitoring the achievement of all targets, annual objectives and performance indicators, improvement plans and project evaluations (mid-point and end of programme), and producing reports for the Management Group and other key stakeholders.
* Responsible for ensuring the collation and production of Unit service, performance, and budgetary information, including information and reports for Committee, appropriate data and statistics.
* To comply with operating procedures and financial control systems in accordance with external funding requirements (e.g. ERDF Investment for Growth & Jobs Programme), the financial regulations as set out in the Accounting Manual and departmental monitoring systems and processing all relevant documentation and conditions required by grant awarding bodies.
* Provision of advice, information and practical support on accessing grants, programmes and funds for local businesses, and other key stakeholders
* Line management duties associated with the management of the NIBSUP Project Support Officer.
* To deputise for the NIBSUP Programme Manager on any relevant Committee, group/company within and outside the City as deemed appropriate by the NIBSUP Programme Manager.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Monday- Friday, 9am- 5pm
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
1. A third level qualification (e.g. HNC, HND, NVQ level 4, a degree or equivalent) in the relevant discipline.
2. At least three years employment experience in finance.
3. Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1 above they must demonstrate a minimum of 6 years' experience as outlined in 2 above
4. Demonstrate a good knowledge in the operation of IT systems appropriate to the field including spreadsheets and databases.
5. Excellent written & oral communicator
6. Analytical & problem solving skills
7. A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
* Rates of pay £15.81 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.