Staffline are recruiting on behalf of our Public Sector client, for a Fitness Instructor on a temporary basis based in Newtownabbey.
Role: Fitness Instructor
Rate of Pay: £9.62 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week
Main Purpose of the role:
Be responsible for ensuring a high level of customer care, provide inductions, kinesis inductions, exercise prescription & assessments and partake in the Exercise Referral Scheme in our multi-disciplined gymnasium as well as a responsibility for ensuring a customer orientated approach.
Take classes while on duty as part of their daily duties.
Carry out all duties in accordance with agreed systems/procedures of quality and safety to ensure required standards of service are met.
- Instruct, supervise and coach all customers in the use of gymnasium equipment, kinesis training and any classes when on duty.
- Design programmes to suit individual needs, goals and wants. This would also include advice where necessary on diet analysis and lifestyle choice.
- Ensure the safety and suitability of each exercise programme with regard to the need of the individual.
- Maintain and update customers' personal TGS keys and adhere to any changes flagged up by the wellness system. (Each instructor has a bank of clients).
- To work with clients referred to us as part of our Exercise Referral Scheme and any other scheme which is part of the wellness lifestyle. This can include Fit Families and Cardiac Rehab.
- To ensure a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the gymnasium, its changing rooms and any other designated areas or equipment which includes the Amplio Studio and Kinesis Suite.
- Correctly use and store all cleaning materials and equipment.
- Ensure that customers conduct themselves appropriately in accordance with the facilities rules and regulations.
- Update work and cleaning schedules, keep accurate records of work where appropriate and report any faults or damage which may occur.
- Assist with any training/coaching courses or promotional activities; undertake stewarding and/or other related duties when required.
- Participate in staff development/training programmes.
- To carry out first aid as necessary and to supervise/assist all customers as required.
- To assist as required with the provision of service in any of the Departments other sections and undertake any relevant duties identified by Management that can assist with the delivery of Department objectives that are commensurate with the salary and hours of work.
- A recognised qualification in Fitness Instruction/Coaching (minimum level 2 REPs)
- A recognised qualification in group exercise classes
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Packages (Word and Excel)
- 6 months' experience in a customer focused industry.
- GP referral qualification
- Experience in diet and analysis and exercise prescription
- Proven experience in the use of kinesis
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.