Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney/Coleraine require Grounds Maintenance Operatives to join their team.
Role : Grounds Maintenance Operative
Locations : Coleraine / Ballymoney
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week / Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.25 p/hr 13 weeks + £10.01 p/hr
Main Duties :
- General maintenance of public parks, playing fields, play areas, picnic sites, landscaped areas and similar open spaces as scheduled, including the collection and removal of litter.
- Undertake seeding, propagation, planting, mulshing tending and weeding of flower and shrub beds, pruning, grass cutting, hedge trimming.
- Use where appropriate chemical weed controls under direction of the charge hand, complying with manufacturers' instructions and COSHH regulations.
- Edging of paths, paved areas and flower beds.
- Basic setting out and marking of sports pitches.
- Erection, inspection, maintenance and dismantling of sports and play equipment.
- Cemetery duties include grounds maintenance works preparing and digging graves and backfilling.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- At least 2 years experience in Gardening and / or Ground Maintenance Operations.
- Knowledge of Gardening / general maintenance manual and powered tools.
- Hold a valid driving licence which permits the holder to pull a trailer. ('C1 & E' Driving Licence motor cars or light vans with up to 8 passengers seats and up to 7500kg with a trailer with 750kg (8,750KG)
Desirable Criteria :
- Relevant Horticultural qualification or qualification in a similar discipline.
If you are interested and MEET ALL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA please apply via the link.