Housing First Support Worker
£17,290 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Housing First Support Worker on a full time permanent basis covering the Belfast area.
Our client is one of the most well known cross border charities, supporting some of the most marginalised individuals, couples and families experiencing homelessness.
This excellent, rewarding and challenging opportunity primarily aims to permanently house individuals with chronic addictions and provides comprehensive intensive support to ensure these individuals can sustain their own tenancies within the community through a case management approach
As a Family Project Worker you will:
- Provide a harm reduction and low threshold service to individuals who are chronically homeless and with a range of complex needs.
- Ensure that all service users have a service user lead needs assessment, safety & wellbeing plan and support plans that utilise harm reduction methods of practice and that these are regularly reviewed.
- Offer advice and practical support across a range of issues including housing, health, safety, addictions and benefits.
- Develop and maintain Support Plans based on the assessment of needs with agreed outcomes that are measured and reviewed regularly
- 3 GCSE's A-C to include Maths and English or equivalent
- 1 years paid experience or 2 years volunteering experience working with vulnerable adults with complex needs.
- Good working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management processes (i.e. Service User Risk assessment, Lone Working, Activity Risk Assessments)
- Have knowledge/experience of working with needs assessment, key working and support planning for families
- Knowledge of Harm Reduction methods when dealing with individuals presenting with addiction issues
- Knowledge of the issues around supporting individuals who are chronically homeless and with a range of complex needs.
- Good understanding of issues presented through alcohol /drug use
- Working knowledge of relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and the ability to network/liaise with all relevant bodiesWillingness to work within the guidelines of the vision mission and values.
- Ability to work on a rota basis (7 day week - Mornings, Evenings & Week-Ends).
- A full driving licence and access to a car for business purposes
**We will only contact candidates who outline how they meet the criteria on their CV**
- £17,290 per annum
- Comprehensive induction and continued on the job support
- Genuine development opportunities
- Training initiatives
- Private Health and Wellbeing plan
- 25 days annual leave plus 10 statutory holidays
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity pay
- Income protection insurance
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692/07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.