MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To carry out cleaning and general attendant duties to assist with the maintenance, hiring and receipt of the Inclusive Beach equipment at East Strand Portrush including maintaining the appropriate documentation and records.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERSONAL DUTIES
The responsibilities of the post holder will include the following:
- Be responsible for maintaining a high standard of tidiness, cleanliness and safety of the changing places facility and surrounds at East Strand, Portrush.
- Checking, issuing and maintaining inclusive beach equipment as held in the Water Sports Centre, keeping appropriate records and reporting all faults related to this equipment.
- Ensure a safe environment for the public by checking all equipment, fixtures and fittings within your remit of responsibility in the Water Sports Centre, reporting, and where applicable, cordoning off any defective equipment until repaired.
- Establish and maintain a good and respectful relationship with the public, customers and other members of staff.
- Adhere to health and safety standards at all times throughout East Strand, Portrush and associated areas.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness of the changing places facility and inclusive beach store at East Strand and equipment including public toilets, shower cubicles, replenishing toilet rolls, replacing refuse bags, brushing and mopping areas.
- Carry out litter-picking around the East Strand Water Sports Centre.
- Report all incidents/accidents and complete all necessary records/incidents sheets pertaining to the safety and supervision of patrons.
- Be responsible for the safe keeping of keys and the security of all stores during shift.
- Wear uniform and protective clothing whilst on duty.
- To undertake all duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- To promote a positive approach to Fair Employment, Equal Opportunities (inc
Section 75); adopt safe working practices as set out in Council's Health &
Safety Policy and to adhere to all Council's policies and procedures
- To undertake any other relevant duties as directed.
Interested applicants please contact Ashleigh on 028 25642699, roles to commence as soon as possible.