Staffline are recruiting on behalf of our Public Sector client, for a Lead Gymnastics Coach on a temporary basis based in Carrickfergus.
Role: Lead Gymnastics Coach
Rate of Pay: £15 per hour
Hours: 4-10 hours per week
Duration: Temporary - Ongoing
Main Purpose of the role:
To lead Gymnastics Coach in the delivery of a structured programme of Gymnastics for 5-14 year olds at programmes/clubs across the Mid and East Antrim area, enabling individuals to develop according to their abilities whilst encouraging and promoting participation in Gymnastics.
- To Lead Gymnastics coach to successfully deliver a programme of gymnastics at various venues.
- Lead with the Delivery of the gymnastics programme in line with the British Gymnastics guidelines
- Work with Gymnastics coordinator to develop new ideas for the club
- To assist with the delivery of structured schemes of work that promotes progression for all participants.
- Identify the needs of the group/ individuals
- Work closely with other partners to assist in the delivery of competition and festival opportunities
- Liaise with Mid and East Antrim Borough Council's Sports Development staff and the relevant NGB Development Officers for successful implementation/ delivery
- Help develop school/ community links as directed
- Assist with registration process
- Coach and develop all participants ensuring particular attention and adherence to Health and Safety and Child Protection in line with recommendations from British Gymnastics and with the associated council policies.
- Ensure high standards of customer care at all times.
- Carry out safety checks on equipment prior to classes commencing and ensure safety is a priority before and during the class, to minimise the risk of injury. Any defective equipment or any incidents should be reported immediately to the Lead Gymnastics Coach.
- Undertake associated administrative duties, including attendance and records of participant's progress.
- Work closely with other members of the Gymnastics Coaching team to ensure key objectives are met.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of complaints and queries, liaising with parents, coaches and management on progress to ensure high standards of service provision.
- Applicants must have a current United Kingdom Club Coach Level 2 General Gymnastics Assistant Coach or above.
- In addition candidates must have and maintain a sufficient level of fitness to satisfactorily discharge the duties and responsibilities of the post.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.