Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Learning Support Assistant on behalf of their client a community organisation and registered charity based in Belfast.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
To provide a support service to participants who require support whilst participating on the Training for Success or Apprenticeships NI Programme. The role involves supporting the participant to achieve an Essential Skills (numeracy, literacy, ICT) qualification a supplementary sheet of duties will be provided. To carry out administrative duties required. This role may involve the post holder to work outside normal working hours to include weekends and evenings.
- Provide specialist support, tailored to suit the participant's needs
- Adapt all training and support materials to make them user friendly and differentiated to support the participant.
- Provide monthly updates to the Coordinator on the participants progress.
- Develop an understanding of the educational needs of the participant concerned and to reinforce their learning and to help keep them on task and motivated while building their confidence and enhance self-esteem
- Have experience of working with young people or adults with mild, moderate or severe learning difficulties, physical disabilities and/or long term medical conditions in educational or training settings.
- Ability to actively listen and relate to participants in an empathetic manner, valuing their views, experience and recognise their strengths.
- Ability to develop a good rapport with participants and use effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with a good ability to navigate the MS Office Suite.
- Respect for diversity as you will be working with participants from a range of backgrounds.
- Access to own car is essential.
Please note only candidate's that meet the essential criteria will be contacted.