Ashphalt Plant Operator Required ASAP
Staffline are currently recruiting for an Ashphalt Plant Operator to support the manufacturing of various asphphalt products according to mix design and customer jobsite specification. The role will initially be on a temporary basis for 12 weeks & if successful the opportunity to go permanent after.
Reporting to: Quarry Manager
Main Duties: To support, assist, training and develop in the following terms;
- To perform pre and post inspections
- To ensure environmental standards are maintained and prevent spillages
- To ensure the vehicle is driven legally with courtesy to other road users
- To ensure product quality is maintained
- To complete daily checks and maintenance of the vehicle
- To fuel the vehicle daily
- To drive in a fuel efficient manner at all times
- To assist with repairs during breakdowns and complete preventative maintenance.
- To inspect and clean the vehicle daily and report faults to supervisors.
- To comply with health and safety procedures and policies to ensure the role is carried out without risk to self and others.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required.
- Ability to work within a team
- Maintain effective working relationship with quarry and contracts employees and third parties
- Good communication skills with the quarry management to raise problems
- Actively work with weighbridge staff to enable efficient planning of vehicle movements
- Ability to work closely within a team
- Independence - ability to work on own convictions
- Adaptable to changing environments
- Acceptability - non abrasive style
- Ability to plan and organise own work area
- Problem solving ability to daily issues
- Works to the company controls
- To ensure that vehicle is operated as efficiently as possible.
- To ensure all activities meet high standards of safety.
Hours of Work
Working hours are Monday - Friday 5/6am to 4/5pm and Saturday 7am-12noon
If you are interested in this role please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.
Job Type- Full time, Temporary to Permanent