Due to business growth my client is looking attract suitable applicants for a Production Manager Role.
The Production Manager will be responsible for planning. organise and control production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to a high standard.
You will be responsible for the planning, co-ordination and controlling of our processing factory. You will be responsible for ensuring quality and quantity at the right cost.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- plan a production schedule for the job
- implement and control the production schedule
- review and adjust the schedule where needed
- ensure all products are labelled correctly and comply with food labelling standards
- determine the material resources required
- Ensure you have the correct staff in place to support the production schedule, while managing all budgets to support company targets
- make decisions about equipment use and maintenance, while ensuring compliance with health and safety and maintaining a safe working environment.
- work out and implement standard operating procedures for production operations
- ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to
- ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
- set product quality standards
- monitor quality standards of products
- implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
- analyse production and quality control to detect and correct problems
- determine and implement improvements to the production process
- prepare and maintain production reports
- estimate production costs
- liaise with General Manager and Managing Director to set production budgets
- manage production budgets
- implement cost control programs
- ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management
Ideal candidates must have Previous Production Management Experience and have the ability to demonstrate:
- Flexible approach to working hours, this role is responsible for ensuring all production is covered and customer needs are met, this will require the job holder to work over a 7 day period to meet deadlines.
- Previous Production Management experience
- Previous management experience with a similar sized team, preferably within the food production industry.
- Good negotiating skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
In Return my client is offering an excellent remuneration package with a minimum 28 days annual leave per year.
If you believe you have the ability to drive this company forward and meet the essential criteria please submit your CV and a member of the Staffline Team will be in contact with those shortlisted.