Band 3 Production Support Worker
Temporary Band 3 Production Support Worker required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust at RVH/Knockbraken Healthcare Park.
Rate of Pay: £10.09
Location: RVH/Knockbraken Healthcare Park
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The person appointed will be a member of the Victoria Pharmaceuticals team. He/she will participate in the manufacture of pharmaceutical specials and participate in kit assembly, tablet repackaging, over labelling and manage the stores area. He/ She will participate in cleaning of clean room areas when required.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be required to carry out a range of duties which may include all or some of the following:
- Daily preparation of all equipment, screens and work areas both within and outside the clean room. Cleaning down of these areas at the close of day or as necessary. This includes setting up filters and filling equipment.
- Daily cleaning of the clean area floors and surfaces. After planned maintenance or breakdown cleaning floors, surfaces, walls and ceilings.
- Washing & preparing containers and closures, including sterilisation of containers, closures and equipment for aseptic preparation.
- Assisting in the preparation of bulk aseptic solutions ready for filling.
- Filling solutions for terminal sterilisation into appropriate containers either by hand or using semi-automatic machinery.
- Assisting in the aseptic filling and sealing of products including those sterilised by filtration
- Manufacture non-complex sterile products under standard operating procedure and assist the medical technical officer in the manufacture of complex sterile products in the portfolio.
- Capping or heat sealing containers as appropriate.
- Packing and preparing filled containers for sterilisation including submerging ampoules in dye solutions and applying autoclave tape.
- Viewing of all products for particulate matters.
- Labelling and packing of products into forms suitable for issue.
- Preparation of production rooms for non-sterile manufacturing and assembly including batch record card and label generation.
- Operation of equipment to support non-sterile manufacturing and assembly
- Manufacture non-sterile products in the Victoria Pharmaceuticals portfolio.
- Support the preparation of extemporaneous pharmaceutical products
- Completing all necessary manufacturing documentation appropriate to their input
- Assembly of the various emergency medicine kits within the portfolio.
- Placing manufactured batches in quarantine and forwarding samples to Quality Control
- On authorisation from Quality Control, removing the batch from quarantine and placing in store, ready for issue.
- Taking samples from deliveries of raw materials according to guidelines, completing paperwork and forwarding to Quality Control.
- Participating in routine monitoring of the environment, including settle plate, contact plates, swabs, air sampling and water sampling.
- Participating in regular micro-biological operator checks including finger touch plates and broth transfers.
- Assembling and packing orders for dispatch including completion of records of distribution. Packing orders for posting and courier distribution.
- To undertake assembly and distribution to clients under the wholesale distribution authorisation
Minimum of 4 GCSEs (Grades A-C) or equivalent to include English language and mathematics and at least one years' experience as a Pharmacy Support Worker in a hospital pharmacy department or hospital pharmacy manufacturing unit or as Pharmacy Assistant in retail pharmacy.
Two years' experience as a Pharmacy Support Worker in a hospital pharmacy department or hospital pharmacy manufacturing unit.
Have, undertaking or willing to undertake an NVQ2 Pharmacy Services (or equivalent in Pharmacy Services¹) or grandparented and willing to undertake an NVQ2 Pharmacy Services.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone skills
- Ability to successfully carry out allocated tasks on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team with other grades of staff
- Attention to detail and accurate
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.email@example.com
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.