Project Accountant - Semi State Body
At Staffline Recruitment we are working on behalf of a prominent Semi State body who are seeking to recruit a number of Project Accountants to join their team on specific purpose contracts.
The purpose of these positions will be to assist in managing the financial control requirements of capital investment projects covering budgetary control, financial planning and financial forecast management.
Successful candidates will become part of a team of Project Accountants and work with Project Managers to deliver financial results for each project. They will be involved with each project over the lifetime of the project from initial set up to close out to the Board.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Third party and project contract financial management
- Provide periodic financial reports
- Analysis and preparation of periodic accruals
- Produce periodic variance analysis reports
- Ensure effective internal controls operate within the business unit
- Identify & document improvements to control processes & procedures
- Budget, Forecast & 5 Year Planning preparation
- Provide information in accordance with the agreed reporting calendar
- Periodic Reports on third party performance
- Comply with corporate HR policy and procedures
- Lead and provide all necessary support to staff to enable the execution of their role
- Communicate effectively with staff to ensure proper execution of tasks
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Qualified accountant with 3 - 5 years Post Qualification Experience in Project Management / Accounting
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office with particular proficiency in the Excel package
- Demonstrated ability in the preparation of high quality timely and consistent financial reports for internal and external use.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and change management issues.
- A knowledge of the SAP Financial, Controlling & Project Management modules.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
These specific purpose contract will pay a salary in the region of €66,553 - €77,629, depending on experience.
The closing date for applicants is Thursday, April 8th at 12.00pm