Role: Reporting Accountant (2 year fixed term contract)
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 plus pension & private medical insurance
This leading utilities firm own one of the largest electricity transmission and distribution networks in the UK. They have been operating in Northern Ireland and beyond for over 50 years.
Staffline Specialist Recruitment is supporting them to recruit a Reporting Accountant to operate from their Belfast site on a 2 year fixed term contract basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accountant to gain experience with this industry leader in their field. The business is driven with a purpose to create a brighter future for the customers and communities they serve and will do this by leading the transition to a reliable, affordable, low carbon economy. You will be joining a dynamic finance team within an award winning company which places particular emphasis on investment in people. If you are interested in finding out more, send your CV to me in confidence.
The Reporting Accountant will play a key role in the financial management of, and reporting to, the business, including:
- Review of the statutory and regulatory accounts incorporating best practice accounting standards, including IFRS, for presentation to the Financial Reporting Manager;
- Assistance with statutory, regulatory and interim audit processes, including liaison with external auditors and review of key audit deliverables;
- Advising on the financial application and necessary changes to key business processes and reporting as a result of changing accounting standards and company law;
- Supporting the roll-out of enhanced management reporting and process improvement to ensure key stakeholders receive financial outputs of the highest professional standard;
- Providing necessary support to Finance Business Partners in respect of business planning and month end reporting processes;
- Assistance with monthly management accounts including accounts analysis and reconciliations;
- Maintenance and analysis of monthly revenue and cost models;
- Assistance with forecasts, budgets and business planning when required, supporting the Financial Planning and Strategy team;
- Building productive working relationships with finance and operational colleagues; and
- Participating in ad hoc specific projects within the team and wider Finance department.
- A professional accounting qualification with minimum 3 years post qualification experience;
- Proven experience in financial and management accounting including relevant experience of accounts preparation;
- Strong understanding and relevant experience of audit processes;
- Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines and manage conflicting work priorities;
- Strong IT skills with particular focus on the use of Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Have a proven track record of achievement; and
- Possess a current valid driving licence.
- Experience gained in a 'Big 4' accountancy firm or a large company;
- Experience of changing accounting and/or business processes and policies;
- Knowledge of or experience in working in a Regulated Environment;
- Previous experience of presentation of financial information and analysis to senior/management personnel;
- Previous experience of working closely with operational managers; and
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- £40,000 - £45,000 salary.
- Private medical.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.