We are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer reporting to the Engineering Projects Manager. The Senior Design Engineer will provide Engineering services to lead and support New Product Development and Continuous Improvement projects in design and manufacturing within the organisation.
Key tasks will include:
- Design of products for the product line - this includes but is not limited to Pick Up Hitch & Ladder Hitch systems, Forgings and castings, and some hydraulic or electrical systems design.
- Taking a design from concept right through to production following the NPI (New Product Introduction) process, with Project management responsibilities.
- Carrying out FEA studies on both new and existing products.
- Communicating with suppliers & OEM customers on technical queries.
- Technology advancement, cost improvement and continuous improvement.
- Ensure on time delivery of technical solutions, meeting project and product targets.
- Input to, and driver of Innovation and New Product Development activities.
- Review of and input to IP (Intellectual Property) activities.
- Implementing design changes through Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- Carrying out / collaborating on Problem Analyses.
- Producing designs & manufacturing drawings to a high standard.
- Lead or take part in Problem solving efforts and decision making using structured analysis thus focusing and centralization of all plans needed to resolve product build issues, performance test issues and quality issues.
- Collaborate both face to face and remotely, with internal and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Providing all departments with requested technical support when required.
- Supporting in department and company improvement projects as needed.
- Manage the production of prototype product through the manufacturing facility.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Level 8 qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Ideally a minimum 5 years relevant industry experience.
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks and/or similar 3D Modelling software.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organise workload.
- Proven problem-solving ability with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent project management & technical reporting skills.
- Good understanding of the principles of hydraulics.
- Ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative.
- Currently have permission to work in Ireland on full time basis