Our client, a successful M+E Contractor are seeking to recruit a Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join their existing team, based at their site in Omagh, Co Tyrone
This is a challenging but rewarding role which provides an excellent opportunity for an ambitious person to develop their career in a company which is growing at a phenomenal rate
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be:
- Working on a broad range of new build and refurbishment electrical engineering projects across the UK & Ireland. Industries include commercial & industrial, retail, wastewater treatment, healthcare and education.
- Managing the Estimating Department and cost control alongside producing reports, planning, and managing projects.
- Fully managing the Estimating Department.
- Working closely with Contracts Managers and Procurement Team to ensure projects are tendered effectively and delivered on time and within budget.
- Responsible for winning new tenders and bringing new projects to the business.
- Presenting design plans to the project team using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Effectively undertaking Tender Enquiry activities in line with Company Processes, including commercial/technical aspects while maintaining non-collusive policy at all times.
- Ascertain the risks present on each individual project and record/manage via the risk register.
- Providing technical guidance, advice and bid support including involvement with tender programmes and methodologies.
- Attending site visits where applicable to ascertain tender requirements.
- Developing & maintaining good relationships with industry networks & clients.
- Assisting with the development of O&M Manuals.
The ideal Quantity Surveyor must have
- An electrical background, ideally a Qualified Electrician or holding an Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Have proven experience with Trimble estimating & costing systems
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD & Revit.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to secure competitive prices.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of competency in the use of MS Office packages.
- Good verbal, written and numerical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills and decision-making skills.
- Team player with a positive, 'can do' attitude.
Hours of work:
- Mon - Fri 40hrs
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1986, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.