Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Senior Environmental Health Officer to join their team.
Role : Senior Environmental Health Officer
Location : Riada House Ballymoney
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £16.98 13 weeks + £18.85
Main Duties :
- Supervision and monitoring of staff resource within the designated function in conjunction with the Service Area Manager.
- To provide the focus of expertise within the designated function to ensure the team operates in line with the current legislation and relevant statutory body guidelines.
- Be responsible for conducting inspections of higher risk premises, complaint investigations and the preparation of consultation responses in relation to the functional area.
- Ensure that the section complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all area relating to the work of the Council.
Full JD available on request
Essential Criteria :
1A. The Diploma in Environmental Health of the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board (or its historical predecessors);
1B. A Certificate of Registration issued by the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board to persons holding a recognised Degree in Environmental Health or Science awarded by an educational establishment in Northern Ireland, England or Wales, or a Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland Diploma;
1C. A Certificate of Registration issued by the Environmental Health Officer's Registration Board to persons holding a recognised qualification in Environmental Health from any other member state of the European Community who have, in addition, successfully completed an adaption period of three years or an aptitude test as required by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health in its capacity as a designated Authority under the European Communities (Recognition of Professional Qualifications) Regulations 1991 (Stat. Instrument No. 824/1991).
1D. A degree in Environmental Health.
- At least five years' experience as a qualified EHO working at a Senior level involving:
- Service planning and delivery
- Enforcement and administration of legislation
- Liaison with other organisations in the public and private sectors
- Interfacing with elected members
- One year's experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
- The post holder must be able to work flexible hours including weekends to provide a response to major incidents and other emergencies when required.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.