Senior Support Worker
£20,985 starting per annum including enhanced rates
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Senior Support Worker for our client Camphill Community Glencraig based in Holywood on a full time permanent basis
Set upon a 100 acre estate our client offers a therapeutic setting within a calm and nurturing environment with the aim of providing opportunities for children, young people and adults with learning disabilities, mental health problems and other special needs to live, learn and work together with others in an atmosphere of mutual respect and equality.
- You will assist the Group Leaders and House Coordinators within the adult residential community to provide the highest possible standard of support and care to the adult residents with complex needs and challenging behaviour.
- You'll be comfortable with the provision of personal care and at times will require redirection or physical intervention as a last resort with those presenting challenging behaviours.
- You will "act up" in the absence of the House Coordinator and be provide support to, and mentor, new staff.
- Hold a Level 3 Health & Social Care minimum
- 1 year minimum experience, without Level 2 Health & Social Care, working with children OR adults with a learning disability and complex needs
- NISCC registered or willing to be registered within 6 months of appointment
- Basic Numeracy and literacy (English language) skills.
- Comfortable with personal care and challenging behaviours
- Be flexible to work on a rota basis that will include unsocial hours and weekends
- £20,985 per annum
- 20 days annual leave pro rata, plus 12 statutory days
- Organisation Pension and Occupational Sick Pay Scheme with qualification periods
- Commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692/07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.