Summer Scheme Assistants required for a few weeks in various locations in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £9.50 per hour
Location: Various community centres in Belfast
Hours: Ad hoc
Duration: 4 weeks
- To organise, supervise and initiate in specific activities inside and away from the Summer Playscheme as determined by the Assistant Community Development Officer or Playworker
- To prepare and arrange materials and resources for use in the Summer Playscheme
- To support work with volunteers and staff to help develop the scope of the Summer Playscheme programme
- To fully implement good practice guidelines as set out within the Playwork Code of Practice and to comply with the guidelines set out within the Child Protection Policy
- To fully implement all Health and Safety procedures as required
- To be involved as required in evaluation and monitoring processes
- To assist with the administration and financial aspects of the playscheme
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate at least one year's relevant experience of each of the following areas:
- the direct supervision of children as a major element, or, substantial part of your role, or, as part of daily duties
- planning and delivering organised play activities
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over for child protection purposes.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.