Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Supervisor to join their team.
Role : Supervisor - Grounds Maintenance
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.51 13 weeks + £16.25
- Main Duties :Working within the Estates Department, the Supervisor will have responsibility for the supervision of front line staff providing maintenance, upkeep and improvement to buildings, grounds, parks, cemeteries, play parks, open spaces and/or other Council assets.
- Responsible for coordinating / scheduling all daily work activities using the range of skilled, semi-skilled, seasonal staff, plant and materials at their disposal.
- Supervise an Estates workforce (up to 30 no. including seasonal staff), establishing appropriate priorities to ensure planned and unplanned work carried out safely and cost effectively.
- Support the Estates Area Managers with the current agenda of change including the delivery of services within the context of enhanced customer demand.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A third level qualification, or equivalent, in a construction, building, facilities or grounds maintenance related subject;
- Two years' experience in either of the following areas:
- building, construction and facilities; OR horticulture and grounds maintenance.
Alternatively consideration may be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification outlined above but who can demonstrate that they have a minimum of three years' experience in the areas detailed above.
- Two years' experience in each of the following areas:
- Supervision of staff.
- Management of plant and equipment in relation to building, construction and facilities OR horticulture and grounds maintenance.
- Procurement of materials.
- Implementation and operation of maintenance programmes.
- Two years' experience using MS Excel, Word and Outlook or a similar software package.
- A thorough knowledge of the techniques and standards of:Building construction, technology, maintenance and repair (including M&E Services); OR Plant propagation, cultivation, care and floral design.
- A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car OR*have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
- * Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
If interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.