Job Title: Trade Effluent Sampler
Length: 3 Months with possible extension
- Collection of samples from specified locations and delivery to specified collection points and/or the analytical laboratory.
- Set-up and retrieve automatic samplers and spot sampling at numerous industrial premises and various NIW premises throughout Northern Ireland.
- Routine planned maintenance and preparation of portable sampling equipment.
- Ensuring sampling equipment is fit for purpose and report any defects identified.
- Loading and unloading of sampling apparatus and associated equipment into and out of NIW vehicle and securing vehicle at designated depot at end of working day.
- Routine maintenance and cleanliness of vehicle, including daily inspections and reporting of faults or damage.
- Carrying out on site tests which may include pH, temperature etc. and recording of such result
Hours of work: 42 hours including lunch breaks
Applicants MUST be able to demonstrate in their application form and where necessary at interview:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's Grade C or above, to include English and Math's, or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with customers face-to-face in a positive manner.
- Demonstrable experience in managing own work load, with the ability to plan and prioritise.
- A full current driving license enabling the post holder to drive in Northern Ireland as they will be required to drive a Northern Ireland Water vehicle.
- Medically fit to undertake manual handling duties associated with role e.g. lifting of sampling apparatus and manhole covers in excess of 12kg (Please note successful candidate will be required to pass medical assessment before commencement of role).
- 6 month's experience of taking water or wastewater samples, carrying out on-site tests and accurately
- Rate of pay: £9.52 per hour
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Coleen O'Hara - email@example.com
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.